This Easter, we took Evan to the Easter Egg Hunt at George Bush Library. They had games, food, and even a talking fire truck. Mainly what Evan wanted to do was run around. We did get him to play one game, and sit in the big Fire Truck. He was a little wary of the talking fire truck. When it came time for the actual egg hunt, it took about 10 seconds. It was crazy! Thanks goodness they had two sections, one for ages 0-3 and then another for the older kids. Evan picked up about 5 or 6 eggs. I felt like such a bad mother because all of the other kids had Easter baskets with them, and I didn't even think to bring his. So we used one of the reusable grocery bags!!
He's not quite sure what to think of that talking fire truck.

Evan looks bored while Eric is putting him in the fire truck.
When Easter Sunday rolled around, Evan helped me dye easter eggs. That was hysterical. I would get the cup ready with water and vinegar and then let him drop the dye tablet in. I would stir it and when it finally dissolved, I'd let him put the egg in. When I say put the egg in....I actually mean drop. He would basically throw the egg into the cup. It was a miracle that none of them cracked. We got all the eggs dyed, and then Eric went out in the back yard to "hide" them. We also got Evan a few toys for his Easter basket, one of which was supposed to be a bubble maker but it didn't work. What can I expect from a $2 wal-mart toy. He did an awesome job finding all the eggs and putting them in his basket.



In mid April we went to a 1st birthday party for my friend's daughter Sophi. My mom came with me and Evan. He seemed kind of shy with the other kids that were there, and basically played with Grandma Minnie the whole time. They jumped on Phin's trampoline and played with the water hose nozzle. He would pretend to "shoot" Grandma, and she would fall back onto the hammock and play dead. He really got a kick out of that.
Notice the cupcake residue on his chin.

Brandi tortured him with a girly birthday hat! :0)
When we returned home, he played with the water hose in the backyard and made a giant mess, but it was hilarious to watch.



I think I'll end this post with these pics. I've got more from Mother's Day weekend that I'll post soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment